Weddings To Go Green-the perfect solution to small elegant unique weddings

Starting at $1275, I now exclusively feature the Weddings To Go Green option for the smaller unique wedding, DIYers, or the green living couple. It is amazing wedding photography at an unbelievable price and it is environmentally conscious!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Union of Archivists, October 2009

Don't be fooled...these are images taken just a few weeks ago!

I am definitely the photographer for just about all of my friend and family weddings. In this case, my uncle, an archivist, married a fantastic woman who is also an archivist. I, just now, after many years of asking "What is an archivist?" finally have it permanently ingrained in my head. The answer, according to my uncle is "The keeper of old things." So, when we go to the library, or do research on history we are looking up archives of documents and such, or, our history. Now that I a firm grip on the meaning, I felt is only appropriate to make their wedding images look like history too.

The good news is the whole Handfield side of my family is extremely into history and the preservation of history. So the genuine props were there too. Like an old Model T my dad restored, his old restored house, a barn raised by the family and well, my uncle Jerry's top hat. And yes, we did the American Gothic pose too.

Thanks Uncle Jerry and Val... and everyone who raised the barn. It was a perfect backdrop.

2 comments:

miruspeg said...

Love the black and white images.
I feel I am an archivist as well.
I adore old things and people.
Cheers
Peggy.

PS I am a friend of Patty's.

Anonymous said...

Great photos!! You did, as I expected, a fanastic photo shoot. Keep up the good work. Dadunpacoa